A baby sling or baby backpack is usually a large piece of fabric that supports the body of an infant or child. It is similar to the baby trolley, but without the pram. The main usage of a baby sling commonly known as babywearing is called infant wearing.
Baby slings as featured on https://babygearreviews.co.uk/best-newborn-baby-slings/ can be used for many things such as carrying a baby to the supermarket, going out for a walk and shopping with friends or even for taking the baby out to visit the local park. Most modern parents carry their babies in a baby sling or baby backpack. A sling like this can be worn on the shoulder or attached to the baby stroller by a special cord or strap. This is referred to as a pram sling. A baby sling also has the name "ring sling" or "wrap around sling".
In the past, baby-wearing was done only by mothers, but in modern times there are many options for fathers too who may want to consider baby-wearing their child. This is great for the health of both child and parent. It is also much safer than carrying the child by the hands because it provides extra support. Here are some of the main benefits of baby-carrying:
* Helps reduce your stress and make you more comfortable and relaxed while carrying your babies. Studies have shown that babies who are frequently worn during the first year of life tend to have fewer ear infections, sleep better and develop less frequent colic. Baby wearing helps mothers get back into shape quickly after giving birth and allows the newborn to become more familiar with his or her surroundings. Studies also indicate that babies of babies wearing a baby sling sleep and wake up quicker and are less likely to be dropped or suffocated. Baby wearing has also been shown to lessen the possibility of sudden infant death syndrome. In addition, it can help babies get the support they need to grow and learn.
* Provides independence for parents. When a baby is carried by the parent, she is able to go out and do everyday activities without having to hold or carry the baby. The parent is able to get up and walk around, play with other children, and does all the things kids do. Baby slings can also provide the comfort and security of knowing that your baby will be safe in a sling at all times, even when you're walking in a complex area or in unfamiliar surroundings. Many parents who use baby slings report that they no longer feel anxious about taking their babies where they want to go.
* Clothes Parents who choose to carry their babies in a baby sling report that wearing these carriers result in more comfortable clothing. Traditional slings often result in diaper rashes and can make clothes uncomfortable on the parent's body. Baby wraps offer a solution for this problem. Instead of wearing undersized clothing, some wraps fit, tighter to the body so clothing doesn't fall off. Wraps can also be adjusted to fit babies of all sizes, including newborns.
* Proper positioning: Many parents make the mistake of using slings as an alternative to car seats. The baby shouldn't be held in the front passenger seat of the car while driving! Baby slings are best used as a backseat replacement for newborns and young children until a child is standing, sitting, and has developed the skills needed to safely sit in a vehicle. This means that parents should position the baby in a carrier that is appropriate for the age and size of the child.
* Proper positioning: Baby slings are not to be used while driving. The child's weight and position can cause shoulder, back, and hip injuries. In fact, it is illegal in many states for parents to strap the baby in the front seat of the car. These wraps can be a convenient and safe substitute for being tied to the car seat belt. Keep the infant well away from the steering wheel and handlebars.