Are you thinking of setting up Netgear extender at your home or office? If yes, then you are at right place. Here, in this post you will get step by step instructions for Netgear extender setup. Before you start with Netgear Extender Setup there are some important things that you should keep in mind like:
- Make sure that your extender and router are in same room.
- The extender should get the power supply.
- Make sure you have a workable internet connection.
- Make sure you have more than two web browser installed on your pc or laptop. A situation may arise when you fail log in to Netgear Extender Setup website due to the web browser issue. In this case you can switch to other web browser.
So these are some important points that you should keep in mind before setting up Netgear extender. Now, let’s proceed further with the setup instructions.
Netgear Extender Setup: Manual Method
- Turn your Netgear Extender.
- Connect extender with your wifi device.
- Open the wifi manager and connect to Netgear_Ext network.
- Open any web browser in your laptop or computer.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in addressbar of your web browser and press enter.
- Create an account Netgear Genie Smart Setup Extender, if you don’t have already.
- Choose the network that you want to extend.
- Click on the next button.
- At last, click on the finish button.
Now you have successfully done the Netgear Extender setup, place your extender anywhere you like.
Netgear Extender Setup: WPS Method
- Power on your Netgear extender.
- Locate the WPS button on your extender.
- Press and hold the WPS button for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Push the WPS button given on the existing router.
- If the LED light will turns solid green, it means the router has configured with the extender properly.
- If you didn’t see any light on your device, then take help from our experts at My WiFi Ext Fix to fix this issue in minutes.
- Now connect your device to the extender network and use the same password as that of the network of your router.
- You can check out Netgear Extender manual for default login credentials.
- You extender is setup successfully. Now connect your wifi enabled devices with the extender network and enjoy seamless internet connection at your home or office.