In this post, you will find the exact steps that you need to setup Netgear EX2700. Let’s start:
Netgear ex2700 Setup Using WPS Method
- The first step, plug your Netgear ex2700 extender into a power supply outlet.
- Wait for the LED light on the side panel of the Netgear extender to glow.
- If you did not notice any LED light on your extender, then press the power button once to turn it on.
- Press and hold down the WPS button for 4 to 5 seconds until you see the LED blinking on Netgear extender.
- After 2 minutes, press the WPS button of your existing wifi router and wait until both the LEDs of the wifi router and the extender glow. This indicates that extender and wifi router is connected successfully with each other.
- After the completion of Netgear EX2700 setup process, you can choose the best place and move it there.
Netgear ex2700 Setup Using Netgear Genie
- Before you start Netgear EX2700 Setup make sure that the wifi router and extender are present in the same room.
- Make sure that a live internet connection is coming from the main router.
- Plug your Wi-Fi extender into the power outlet and wait until the power LED glows and becomes stable.
- Take your laptop or computer and open any web browser, which is going to take you to Netgear Genie to assist you with the installation process.
- In case, you don’t see Netgear Genie after opening web browser on your computer or laptop, then type www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of web browser and press enter.
- Enter username and password and click on login.
- Click ‘Continue’ to run the setup.
- Wait until Netgear Genie scans all the available Wi-Fi network.
- Select your network from the list and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter the password of your wireless network and click on Continue.
- Connect you laptop or computer with the extended network.
- Once you connect your devices to the new wireless network, click ‘Finish’ to complete the installation.
If you get any issue while setting up Netgear EX2700 extender, then feel free to contact our technical experts.