Probably the most popular types of foods in the market are organic and inorganic or non-organic food. Although these types of foods are easily available, choosing one to include in your diet can be hard. If you too are finding it hard to choose between these two types of food, then this information on them will make it easier.
- Organic Food – Using natural fertilizers like compost and manure, organic food is produced. Moreover, organic farming is the technique used for the production of organic food along with methods like hand weeding, tilling, mulching, and crop rotation. For getting rid of pests; birds, traps, and insects are preferred to be used.
- Non-Organic Food – Chemicals like herbicides, insecticides, pesticides are some of the few chemicals used for the production of non-organic food. Moreover, the same chemicals are served for getting rid of pests, weeds, insects, and more.
To avoid confusion, organic foods have their own version of advantages over non-organic food.
- The fertility of the soil remains longer since organic farming used natural compounds with the likes of manure and compost.
- Organic farming used chemicals however, the content is low. The low levels of chemicals means, less water is wasted, less pollution is created, less energy is used.
- Organic foods offer richer flavors due to the high nutrient levels found in them.
- Animals used in organic farming are allowed to grow naturally rather than injecting the animals with chemicals, hormones, etc.
Many people are preferring to use and consume organic food in Brisbane.