An infected computer will not work properly because of the failure of the entire system. Maybe you do not know your computer in safe takes more than installing an antivirus or antispyware program.
- Do not click on unsolicited links on your email or IM window because the malicious links are usually distributed via email or instant messaging services. Avoid clicking on links if you do not know who the sender is.
- Avoid using shared assistants or file transfer if your computer is not fully protected, because there is no guarantee that the file you are trying to access are free of viruses.
- Do not use Adobe Reader / Acrobat with default settings, because some viruses are spread through vulnerabilities in Adobe products. You must stay with the latest Adobe Reader update and configure the default settings this way:
- Open Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat
- Click Edit and choose Preferences
- In the left pane, select Trust Manager
- Uncheck Allow opening of non-PDF file attachments with external applications